Head lice are a common insect that is found in hair from children to adults, and everybody gets annoyed with their presence. These insects can be spread from head-to-head contact, no matter whether you have dirty or clean hair. Head lice can exist in any place in the world, like schools, homes, markets, and even malls. Even though head lice are not harmful to health or diseases, but they make you uncomfortable and disturbed all day. With proper taking care of your hair, you can prevent head lice. There are plenty of home remedies that can help you get rid of head lice, such as eggs, olive oil, and hair lice shampoo, but it is advisable to concern the doctor before getting this treatment.
What are head lice?
Head lice are small insects and bugs that are the size of 2-3 mm long. They have gray and pale bodies, but they can be found in many colors. These bugs are also known as a louse. These insects need blood to survive, as without blood they can live only for two days.
How do head lice spread to others?
Head lice cannot fly or jump from one place to another. These are crawling bugs that move onto your head and can be spread by sharing personal things like hairbrushes, coats, shirts, hats, combs, and many other things.
Symptoms of head lice:
Itching on the head is a common symptom of head lice. However, it takes 3 to 5 weeks to begin itch because when lice disturb your scalp, it makes you uncomfortable, and you begin to itch your particular place. However, there are more symptoms of head lice like pink eyes and dry hair.
How to prevent head lice?
Here are some tips that can prevent you from Head lice.
- Stop your children from applying for medicine on the head.
- Avoid using the medicine on children’s heads without concerning doctors.
- If you are a pregnant or breastfeeding mom, do not apply for medicine without talking to your physicians.
- Do not leave hair medicine to your child’s hand.
- Talk to your child’s doctor about their head lice and ask for reliable treatment.
- Never use fatal products for head lice like kerosene, petroleum, and gasoline.
Click here to find the best lice treatment in UAE.